The Youth Cancer Trust is a unique charity based in Bournemouth
It provides support and free, activity based holidays for young people aged 14 to 30 living with cancer or any malignant disease from anywhere in the UK and Irish Republic or who are patients of any UK hospital. You can also come on a holiday if you have been in remission for up to 5 years, or are living with the late effects of having had cancer as a teenager.
The charity also provides digital support outside of the residential holidays. Please contact us for more information on how to join our secure digital network.
Meet people like you!
Put simply, we provide a safe place where young cancer patients can be together to enjoy a fun time away from hospital, doing what young people normally do without a cancer diagnosis.
The holidays take place all year round and run each week from the Monday through to the Friday.
We take groups of 8 each week of a similar age.
What’s great about The Youth Cancer Trust?
- It’s relaxed, it’s fun and it’s free
- As a group, you choose which activities you want to do during the week
- You can make friends with other young people who are going through or have been through similar experiences with cancer
- It helps rebuild your confidence
- It gives your family a break
- You can bring a friend or a brother or sister for FREE!
- You can put your own group together of friends you made in hospital.
- You can forget about cancer and hospitals for a while.
- The activities are great fun. Everything from horse riding in the beautiful New Forest to go-karting. We also have a therapy room and an arts & crafts shed so there’s plenty to do.
- You choose what you want to do and if you don’t feel like taking part in the activities, you can relax at Tracy Ann House. We have a pool table, Xbox, Wi-fi and in-house karaoke or you can just chill out in our lovely garden or beach hut, which is a few minutes down the road at the beautiful Alum Chine beach.
You’ll be staying at Tracy Ann House which is just like home from home, warm and friendly and you’ll be well looked after by the YCT team.
Your holiday is just a telephone call away. Ring 01202 763591 or email us now.
If you want to find out more you can take a look at our history page which tells you how the charity was formed or you can go to our feedback page which has a whole load of quotes and stories submitted by youngsters who have been to stay at the Youth Cancer Trust.
Order your FREE information pack
It’s easy to get your free information pack, just click the link below to download our PDF order form, complete the application and post it to us – we’ll then send the information straight to you asap.
|Download our information pack order form (PDF)
Please note that you will need Adobe Reader to view the above document, it’s 100% safe and free to download it here.