Youth Cancer Trust is looking for an experienced Freelance Fundraiser in Bournemouth, Dorset.
About Youth Cancer Trust
Youth Cancer Trust is a small, national charity which was founded in 1997 to support teenagers and young adults (aged 14 to 30) with cancer from the UK and Ireland, through the provision of an online secure community and peer support, activity holidays which are held at the charity premises and headquarters in Bournemouth, Dorset. The premises accommodates 8 young people each week and can take guests all year round.
Role: Freelance Fundraiser (self employed).
Area: Primarily Dorset. Can spread reach to surrounding counties and further afield. Online fundraising and networking is critical for this role.
Terms: 3 month renewable contract with a full time position available for the right candidate.
Location: Working from Home
Youth Cancer Trust is looking for a target-driven freelance Fundraiser to act as a positive ambassador for the phenomenal work Youth Cancer Trust does with young people living with cancer.
You’ll be a passionate advocate of community and digital fundraising with a natural ability to build strong relationships with supporters and identify new recruits, as part of an exciting fundraising plan with new and imaginative fundraising activities. Working autonomously on an interesting and varied workload, you’ll recruit and develop a network of voluntary fundraising community groups offline and online to generate activity, raise awareness and much-needed funds, delivering dazzling presentations that create excitement and buzz about the charity’s work.
Putting exceptional donor stewardship at the heart of everything you do, you’ll identify and develop long-term partnerships with appropriate groups and associations and individuals in your patch including schools, universities, local authorities, groups, shops and sporting organisations.
The ideal candidate will have the following abilities / attributes:
- Motivational, sunny and warm personality
Ability to present in an engaging manner
Experience working with community fundraising, or supporter / volunteer led fundraising and ability to run digital fundraising campaigns
- Experience of working with volunteers to be able to motivate, inspire and lead a team of volunteer fundraisers
- Be a confident communicator with the public and a wide range of people, with the ability to positively influence and persuade people to support your own ideas
- Drivers licence and access to own vehicle essential
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly across the area
- Ability to work to a target
- Project and budget management skills
Duties will include:
- Responsible for developing and managing a portfolio of community and online fundraising activities and events
- Grow fundraising income from online and offline community and voluntary relationships and events
- Research potential digital, local and community fundraising opportunities
- Develop local partnerships to grow community fundraising income, including schools, churches, etc
- Work with the marketing team to promote fundraising initiatives
- Work with local community leaders to raise awareness of and support for the charity
Ideally, you’ll have at least 2 years fundraising experience with an already proven network on and offline.
The charity has spent time and energy creating a flexible, agile working culture with life and family-friendly being key in creating a happy workforce.
If you think this role would be perfect for you, please send a covering letter and a copy of your CV in the first instance to our Admin Manager, Georgina Hillman by email or by post to: Georgina Hillman, Youth Cancer Trust, 5 Studland Road, Alum Chine, Bournemouth, BH4 8HZ
Final submission deadline 30th September 2022, but interviewing on a rolling basis so please apply ASAP to avoid disappointment.”
Youth Cancer Trust actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion. We match charity needs with skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
**Any potential candidate will be required to have a DBS check and be a non-smoker.