The Youth Cancer Trust is a unique charity based in Dorset
It provides online support and free, therapeutic wellbeing holidays for young people (aged 14 to 30) living with and beyond cancer from anywhere in the UK and Irish Republic or who are patients of any UK hospital. You can also come on a holiday if you have been in remission for up to 5 years, or are living with the late effects of having had cancer as a teenager.
The charity also provides digital support outside of the residential holidays. Please contact us for more information on how to join our secure digital network.
Meet people like you!
Put simply, we provide a safe place where young people can be together to enjoy a fun time away from hospital, doing what young people normally do without a cancer diagnosis.
The holidays take place during the school holidays and run each week from the Monday through to the Friday.
We take groups of a similar age.
What’s great about The Youth Cancer Trust?
- It’s relaxed, it’s fun and it’s free
- As a group, you choose which activities you want to do during the week
- You can make friends with other young people who are going through or have been through similar experiences with cancer
- It helps rebuild your confidence
- It gives your family a break
- You can bring a friend or a brother or sister for FREE!
- You can put your own group together of friends you made in hospital.
- You can forget about cancer and hospitals for a while.
- The activities are great fun. Everything from horse riding in the beautiful Dorset countryside to sailing.
- You choose what you want to do and if you don’t feel like taking part in the activities, you can relax at the beautiful house. There is a full equipped games room with a pool table, snooker table, Xbox, Wi-fi and in-house karaoke or you can just chill out in the lovely garden or take a leisurely walk on the surrounding farm land
You’ll be staying at Manor Farm Barn and the adjacent cottage Churn House. Both are located on the private land of a working farm. which is just like home from home, warm and friendly and you’ll be well looked after by the YCT team.