Sheffield City Charity Ride | Youth Cancer Trust

We would like to thank Cameron Barton and Jamie Barton, their family and friends for taking on this amazing challenge to raise funds for Youth Cancer Trust in memory of John & Lacey Bennet and Connie Gent.

Please support them

“With the end of the season closing in fast SCFC thought what better time to raise funds for a local charity and also a local club. With Youth Cancer Trust being close to the heart of many of the Chairman’s family and also the families of many players and supporters we thought this would be the best charity to raise funds for.

As many people in Sheffield will know a small community in Killamarsh experienced an unforgettable tragedy in 2021 where 4 unforgettable people lost their lives.

With the Chairmans nephew being affected by this tragedy we have decided to ride in memory of John, Lacey and Connie. Jason Bennett, the father affected by this tragedy continues to do all he can to raise money for Youth Cancer Trust in memory of his children and we at Sheffield City FC would like to support him in anyway.

With all the above in mind the Chairman Jamie Barton and his Nephew Cameron Barton (15) along side family members and friends will be completing a 40 mile ride Saturday 16th March hitting 8 football clubs in the Chesterfield & Sheffield area. Starting at Chesterfield FC going onto Dronfield FC then a short ride up the road to Sheffield FC. They will then move onto Bramall Lane, Hallam FC, Hillsborough, Stocksbridge Park Steels and finally arriving at Olympic Legacy Park ready for KO on Sheffield City FC’s final game of the season.

Any amount of funds will be much appreciated where 70% of funds raised will go to Youth Cancer Trust and the remaining 30% will go to helping a local Sheffield Football Club in Sheffield City FC.”